What is it?
Golfer's Elbow is a condition that causes pain on the inner aspect of your elbow at the point where many tendons of the forearm attached to the bone. These tendons are attached to the muscles that flex your wrist and allows you to lift and grip items with your hand. Overuse of these activities can put strain on the tendon which can lead to small tears and inflammation.
- Inner elbow pain on gripping, lifting or bending the wrist as well as when opening jars or other twisting movements of the wrist
- Tenderness on touching the inside of the elbow
- Elbow stiffness, especially in the morning
- Mild swelling and heat over the inner elbow
- Incorrect grip of a golf club or golf swing but other sports can also cause this to develop
- Overuse of tools that vibrate the wrist and hand such as wood sander
- Overuse of the muscles in the forearm during typing or computer mouse work
- Sudden increase in activities using the hands that is not part of your normal routine such as gardening
Physiotherapy is a holistic treatment of patients suffering from injury, trauma or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy, education and advice.
Shock Wave Therapy is a non-invasive method of treatment, focussing on relieving pain caused by injury or illness especially, chronic conditions affecting elbows, feet and shoulders.
Remedial sports massage
Sports massage is a form of massage performed by a therapist specially trained in human anatomy, enabling them to manipulate soft tissue and assist in correcting problems and imbalances that are caused from repetitive and strenuous physical activity and trauma. Learn more.
BODY FIRST UK,
38 High Street,
Hampton, London, TW12 1PD
Call us on 0203 818 1238