What is it?
Sciatica is the pain that radiates along the sciatic nerve, which branches from the lower back through the hips, buttocks (gluteus muscles) and down each leg. When this nerve is irritated or compressed, it causes pain known as sciatica.
- Pain radiating from the lower back into the buttock and down the back of the leg
- Numbness, tingling along the buttocks and leg
- Some muscle weakness in the legs
- Unable to sit for long periods because of the pain.
- Tension in the muscles in the buttocks and legs
- Sitting for long periods of time without stretching or exercising
- When the sciatic nerve becomes pinched, irritated and compressed.
Remedial sports massage
Sports massage is a form of massage performed by a therapist specially trained in human anatomy, enabling them to manipulate soft tissue and assist in correcting problems and imbalances that are caused from repetitive and strenuous physical activity and trauma. Learn more.
BODY FIRST UK,
38 High Street,
Hampton, London, TW12 1PD
SaturdayEvery other Saturday 10:00-14:00
Call us on 0203 818 1238